Sunday, March 20, 2011

So I need to really meal plan

We are currently co-habitating with my parents. This works out fairly well for the most part since we haven't killed each other. since we love each other, and all. They will move out as soon as their new home is finished, and then we can make some changes to this house, and I will certainly be blogging about the results. But until that glorious day arrives, we share. My Mom and I have a great arrangement, I cook, she does laundry (She cleans, too, but that is another story)
I like to cook and when I suggested this arrangement, I didnt fully appreciate how hard it can be to cook for 4 adults and a toddler. Turtle and I like a variety of things, and I used to make all sorts of adventurous foods. My parents, though, they like their adventure kept away from dinner, apparently. My dad, although he has tried a lot more than I expected him to, prefer a meat, a potato and one of the 3 veggie like foods he eats (corn, peas, baked beans)  My mom, she likes chicken and spaghetti. E likes whatever I put in front of him, but he isn't a fan of meat. Sigh. See my issues?

Tonight we had corned beef, and although every one eat, no one seemed particularly excited. Sort of a bummer when you spend a fair amount of time preparing a meal, you know?

So here goes. My impromptu meal plan for the week ending March 26th

Monday       - Steak Sandwiches with salad and fries
Tuesday      - PW Chicken Spaghetti (everyone raves about this. I expect my              dad to hate it, but hey, we can try it, right?)
Wednesday  - Pan sauted pork chops with smashed potaties
Thursday     - Rigatoni and beef with garlic bread
Friday         - We always get take out on Friday, I have no idea why, but it is generally pizza
Saturday     - This saturday is Turtle and Rabbit's 5th wedding anniversary. I am not planning to cook! 

Okay, meals planned, tomorrow I will pick up some odds and ends at the grocery store, and hit the produce market! I hope I stay on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment