Monday, June 13, 2011

Sleeping. Or lack thereof.

I dont know why I assumed we were done with sleep issues. Ethan is not yet 3. However, the last month came as quite a shock to me.
I dont think I have slept more than 5 hours in a row since the end of May. The last 10 days, maybe 3 hours in a row. and I am tired.

We aren't exactly sure what happened, but E suddenly decided he was not sleeping in his bed. Since we did a sleep training thing (baby whisperer, gotta love her) way back when around 17 months, E has gone to sleep in his own bed with no issues at all. Until I dared take him on a road trip. We drove to charlotte to visit my friend Christi, and E slept with me at her house, as well as in a couple hotel rooms. Since then, he has been literally attached to me. I noticed at lunch today, he sits SO close to me. Dont get me wrong, I love that he loves me and needs me, and wants to be close, but Momma needs a break, you know?

The kid is clearly tired.
Case in point:



What we have tried:

Bribery - while generally an effective tool, this isnt working. When asked if he wanted to go to ToysRus to get a new toy, if he slept in his bed, he replied, quite politely, "no thank you"

Cry it out - Although also touted as a miracle solution, thus far, it ain't happening here.

Nightlights - He has a nightlight in his room, we started leaving the hall light on tpo. Nope

Books in bed - He just pushed them on the floor

Leaving the door open - he just doesnt need to yell as loud for us

Staying until he falls asleep - works fine for putting him to bed, but if he wakes through the night, which he does often (like 10 times) he screams for us again.

What has worked:

Sleeping in our bed - though it works for him, our king size bed is not big enough for a rabbit, a turtle and a toddler. NO way.

I am tired, cranky and right now, listening to my little love screaming my name, SO horribly guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment