Sunday, January 15, 2012

I am the worlds worst blogger! and meet the girls!

No really. Last January, I declared I was going to be better. I wasn't.

Lets start over!

k?

Meet my newest family members:


Meet Sansa and Catelyn. Yes, we like Game of Thrones. We considered Cersai, but she is both scary and mean and we didnt want to temp fate. Daenerys was also an option, as was Arya. But in the end, fate actually intervened. We asked Ethan what he wanted to name the puppies.
"Cat and Bob"
"Cat and BOB??"
"yes"

Hmmm. Well, as luck would have it, Eddard Stark often calls his beloved wife, Catelyn, Cat. And there you go!

This is Sansa:
and this is Cat
They are both from the same litter, rescue puppies. They are a lab mix and the most likely breed is Border Collie. So Ethan should expect to be herded, I think.
They have not exactly been easy. I think we know all the folks over at the Doylestown Animal Medical Clinic by first name. We have seen the vet 5 times, and we have only had the girls for 4 weeks! They had intestinal parasites, fleas, mites, food issues, allergy issues, etc. They are currently on steroids, and getting a kick ass parasite drug.
But you know what? What Sansa sits down and looks up at me, her little head cocked to the side, I melt. When Cat bounds over to greet me, and tries to jump into my arms, I melt. I love these dogs already.
(but I feel like there is enough pee and poop for several more puppies) Housebreaking is a challenge, especially when one is also potty training a 3 year old. We are not so much succeeding, but we are still a work in progress i think. As I type this, Turtle is actually shampooing the carpet! :o)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment